Skip to main content

Model focusing on interior (functional)


Overall view
View from outside the left side big window
Television
Art on the wall
Bookshelf with books
Stairs

Light 1

Light 2

Light 3

As I set the two directions, which are functionality and abstract (or outside and inside) in model 4, in this 1:24 model, I focus more on the inside and the functionality. I made this loft kind of room and I tried to create a modern and industrial mood to the room. I chose wood pattern paper and black card to set the colour and texture tone. I made a large window using plastic so the light could fully come in and make the room warm and high-class at the same time. Also, I added bookshelf (plus the two books made with paper on the shelf), stairs, and TV to make the space more realistic, functional and more home feeling. Last but not least, I put artwork on the wall to add more aesthetic feeling to it so that it can be liked by younger people in marketing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Assignment

Sketches Lines Shapes Direction Size Texture Colour Balance Proximity Alignment Repetition Contrast Space Tree Canopy Pathway Raised Bed Street Furniture Building Skin Hardscape Active Frontage Greenspace Branding Wayfinding Public space Foyer Cantilever Safety equipment Ornamentation Balustrade Ergonomic Design Timber Decking Cast Concrete Lighting Photoshop Infographics Site Drawing Composition My Sitedrawing process and reference

Paper folding technics

Model 1 made of foam core and paper

In this first week, I started the project with paper and foam-core 1:10 models. I tried to make this room exactly the same layout as the real one and I also put bed and table in to make it functional and this thought impacts the later models deeply. I also used the folding technic and the tabs to make the bed, desk, and stairs (plus the stair element comes back in the sixth model).